Friday 9 May 2014

A Flutter of Butterflies

Morning Peeps.
 
These are my versions of a card shown on Create and Craft by Nikki Hall with the Tatty Twinkles stamps (thank you for the fabulous idea).
I've used Inkylicious, Docrafts Urban and Crafters Companion butterflies
 
 
For my masks I stamped all the butterflies first onto copy paper and cut them out, then put zig 2 way glue on the back and let it dry (it becomes repositionable once clear). 
 
I then stamped the butterflies straight onto an 8x8 card with Memento Rich Cocoa, masking them off and overstamping as I went. So far, so good, but I decided to stamp the greeting, swirls and flowers onto the card before I spent an hour colouring them in with Promarkers (just in case I mucked up the stamping).
 
It turned out so well I had another go with different colours:

 
Not bad, but the colours in the first one are more me.
 
I took them both into work so they could pick one for Fi's 60th Birthday card and they decided on the second one. So it doesn't matter that I stamped my logo upside down on the back of the first card :D
 
That's all for today, so it just remains for me to say
 
Happy Birthday Fi x
 

5 comments:

Bernie Simmons said...

Beautiful Cards Katrina. xxxx Look forward to seeing you soon. xxxx

Katrina Bufton said...

Thank you Bernie xx. I live in hope that I'll be able to make it down to another class with you soon! xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous cards, I like the butterflies Thanks for playing along with us at Graph'It colour challenge, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Polkadoodles said...

Wow, Katrina I love your take on this - I think yours are nicer than mine!! Thanks for joining us at the Orange and Lemon challenge at http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/wk-20oranges-and-lemons-graphit.html - good luck!

Katrina Bufton said...

Thank you Nikky, very kind of you to say (though not true of course) xx