Tuesday 31 March 2015

Airbrushing fun

Hello Peeps.

I'm thrilled to announce that I have been selected as a member of the new Lili of the Valley Design Collective, so you may sense a bit of a theme in my next few blog posts :D

The MDF hearts I ordered from Joanna Sheen arrived yesterday so I thought I'd make a little wedding keepsake with some LOTV papers and stamps.



First I covered both sides of the heart with one of the papers in the 'Antebellum' paper pad
(poke the holes through on the first side before doing the second)

I wanted to add a little resin flower but the colour didn't match at all.

I tried colouring direct with my graph-it markers but couldn't get into the crevices 
(also it looked horrible and patchy)

So I spent a very entertaining ten minutes huffing and puffing over the chisel end of some red and purple markers to try and 'airbrush' it.
It blew off the table several times before I had the sense to glue it to my craft mat!

I stamped a couple of the LOTV Sentiment Tags onto white paper and cut them out, 
then threaded some white organza ribbon through the holes

It's finished off with a white die-cut branch (from Marianne I think)

That's all for today, I'll be back soon with my first Design Team submission. 
Yay, can't wait !!

4 comments:

thecraftycavalier said...

Ooh this is stunning. The paper is super pretty and the design is beautiful. So excited to be on the team with such a talented group of ladies. Hugs, Jayne x

NGCARDS said...

This is such a pretty creation hun :) Looking forward to working with you on the LOTV DT too :) xxx

Ribbon Girl said...

Hello, nice heart and thanks for sharing how to stamp the next card down on your blog - very clever - looking forward to working with you on the LOTV DC, Mary x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful, love making these. Looking forward to working with you x