Monday 6 March 2017

Funky Tree for Leonie

Hello lovely peeps, hope you have had a great weekend.


This is another of the samples I did for Leonie's Typography launch show, using the small script letters and the beautiful tree from the Funky Tree stamp set.

First I stamped the tree onto watercolour card with Versamark and sprinkled on clear embossing powder before heat setting


I scribbled some green Spectrum Aqua markers (Evergreen, Sea Green, Bud Green and Meadow) onto a white tile and coloured in the foliage with a wet paintbrush.


To get the colours for the tree trunk I scribbled the same greens onto my tile again and mixed each one with Begonia Aqua marker to get 4 different browns.


I cut down my card and inked around the edge with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, before roughening the edges with my scissors. I also flicked some of the ink at the card to give me some splats.


For the backing I drew around my topper onto the back of some old cardboard packaging and tore along the lines. I flicked some more Vintage Photo ink onto the front corrugated bit.


To do the letters I inked up some thin white card and cut it up to place over the small script sections of the letter dies.


This didn't give me quite the depth of colour I wanted so I pressed my ink pad directly over the top of all the letters again


I've finished the card off with white twine and a button before mounting it onto a Kraft card blank.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
We Love 2 Create #5 Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes
Crafty Cardmakers #183 Go Green
Simply Create Too #125 Lots of green
Creatalicious Challenges #110 - Anything Goes with optional Lots of green
Penny Black and More  Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations Close to nature
Happy Little Stampers (Watercolour)  AG option of smoosh
SSS Work it wednesday green

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

13 comments:

Fikreta said...

very nice card!

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Fab card x

SewPaperPaint said...

Really beautiful and I love how you layered over the corrugated board. Hugs, Autumn

brenda said...

A beautiful creation in the welcoming fresh Spring colours, many thanks for joining in with our March theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Marlies said...

You've made a fantastic tree Katrina and the corrugated bord is a perfect backing to it. Love this! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

Joan said...

Lovely tree and a great card

Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Very pretty card and love the techniques used. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

Inkyfingers said...

I love your bright and beautiful creation - so creative!
Thanks for sharing with us at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Katrina, I love your card! It is absolutely unusual. - Sweet Kobylkin

Linby said...

Love your colouring, looks wonderful on Leonie's quirky stamp. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More. Lynn x DT

Claire said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at We Love to Create!
Claire xx

Susanne Vargas said...

Fabulous card! Love that watercolored tree!

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional use lots of green (St. Patrick’s Day)” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy the past couple of weeks…