Wednesday 6 July 2016

Heart You for Leonie

Hello lovely peeps


 I'm back with another card sample using Leonie's new embossing folders.

To make my card background I dabbed 'Mountain Rose' and 'Butterscotch' Adirondack inks onto my craft mat and spritzed them with water. I dragged some Clarity card through the inks and then sprinkled rock salt on the puddles and left it to dry.


I drew some letters of the size I wanted and cut them out of white paper when I was happy with them to use as templates before I cut them out of coloured card.


Tip: to get the 'O' looking so neat on my finished card  I cut the middle out first using a zero die and then drew a bigger 0 around it with the same sort of 'line' width as the other letters. I also cut a heart out of white card with Leonie's Folk Heart base die. I ran all of these through the 'Growing Love' embossing folder and glued them in place onto the background.

http://www.crafterscompanion.co.uk/new-c2158/new-launches-c7806/leonie-pujol-entwined-5-x7-embossing-folder-growing-love-p29747

The 'Love' stamp is from the new 'Love Hearts' stamp set and I have stamped it onto kraft card with Versamark and added white embossing powder.
I've finished off with some organza ribbon and buttons.


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes
Crafting-With-Friends  #24 Anything Goes Always  
A Bit More Time to Craft  #23 Anything Goes
Not Just Cards  #33 Anything Goes (Always)  
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog #285 Anything Goes
Dragonfly Dreams  Anything goes

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

5 comments:

Fikreta said...

great card

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, it looked fab on TV x

Anne said...

Just received my embossing folders and stamps today! Can't wait to have a play, I love your idea of embossing the letters and I might just pinch it ;o)
Anne xx

Jane Royston said...

Lovely card Katrina, the colours are beautiful! Jane :) X

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card! I love the inky background! Thanks for playing at TTCRD with us this week! I hope I see you again soon!

Hugs,

Alessandra - DT