Wednesday 11 January 2017

Glamorous Gardening for LOTV

Hello lovely peeps


Just popping in with my inspiration card for this month's challenge at the Lili of the Valley Facebook page. The theme for this month is an easy one 

'Anything Goes'

There are 3 prizes on offer and the winners will be drawn at random from all the entries;
1st - £20 LOTV voucher, 2nd - £15 LOTV voucher, 3rd - £10 LOTV voucher

All you have to do is make something with a LOTV image and post a photo of it here on the challenge page.  You have until 7pm on Sunday 15th January.

So, onto my card. 

To make the patterned card I tried a new technique I saw on Hochanda, using Distress Crayons over an embossed background. I don't have any Distress Crayons but I had some Koh-I-Noor Wax Aquarell crayons that I found in a charity shop in the summer (this is their first outing).

I embossed some Sheena stamping card with the Ranunculus embossing folder by Darice and then roughly scribbled on the reverse/debossed side with the Aquarell pencils (51/57/27). I  rubbed over the scribbles with a wet finger to blend.


I was quite pleased with how it turned out, but at first I wasn't sure how I was going to use it :D
 As I wanted my finished card to have a gardening theme I eventually decided to make it a flower shape.

I used one of the 'Homespun Heart' dies by X-Cut as a template for the petals, drawn in pencil on the uncoloured side and cut out with scissors.



For the 'flower centre' I stamped `Glamourous Gardening` from LOTV onto watercolour card with Black Versafine. I then coloured it with Spectrum Aqua markers
Skin: Peach
Hair, plant pot, basket: Boulder
Hat: Fawn
Dress: Orchid mixed with a little Teal
Leaves: Leaf Green
Pearls: Slate


and used one of the Large Circle dies from X-Cut to cut the image into part of a circle. I also used the same die on a folded piece of card to make my card base. You just need to have part of the die hanging out over the crease in the card to keep part of the fold.


To make sure my finished card would fit in a standard envelope I taped a 5x7" envelope to my craft mat to use as a guide. To help position the petals I drew in where the centre of the circle would be and placed a larger circle die around the outside.


I attached each petal to the base card with a little Collall All-Purpose glue - this gave me plenty of time to wiggle them into place before the glue dried.


A couple of 'Florist Friend' die-cuts add some texture to the card. The greeting is from the Handwritten Phrases stamp set, which I curved as I put it on the acrylic block. I inked it up by using the brush end of the Leaf Green Spectrum Aqua marker.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Creative Inspirations #266 Fabulous flowers
Dream Valley Challenges # 147 Something New (new technique)
Deep Ocean Challenge #146 Anything New (new technique)
Creative Moments #109 Anything Goes w/optional twist Something New (new technique)
 Crafty Catz #352: Anything Goes optional twist add ribbon
Inky Chicks #77 Anything Goes 
Penny Black and More Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

16 comments:

DebbieS said...

Really love how you have made use of basic dies to make a really effective lovely card

Wendy L said...

Looks fab, great design, xxx

Evelyn Walter said...

Beautiful card! I love the super cute stamps from Lily of the Valley and the unique shape is fabulous!
Thank you for joining in our challengen at Country View Challenges this month!
xx Evelyn

Fikreta said...

sooo pretty!
hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
≽ܫ≼

Tracy Welham said...

Truly stunning card. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant card and Idea! well done! :0)

hollyberry said...

Such a pretty card. Love the shape and the colours x

Chris said...

Very beautiful card Katrina, lovely design, love the shape and those gorgeous petals! thanks for sharing with us Creative Moments.
Chris
x

tilly said...

a lovely card, thank you for joining us at crafty catz challenge, Tilly

Anonymous said...

Stunning Katrina x

Babs said...

So beautiful, love the colour and technique and such a sweet image..

Hugs Babs

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty I love this design Love and hugs Carole x

Anonymous said...

this is so sweet and i LOVE the colours you've used! thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more!
linda

Sue said...

Ooh I love your background and this is such a pretty card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Country View Crafts and have a great week. Sue xx

CraftyNatalie said...

Very pretty design. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this fortnight. Good luck, CraftyNatalie. -DT

Mervi said...

Gorgeous design and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing over at Penny Black and more;-))m