Wednesday 12 April 2017

Have a hoot and an apology

Hello lovely peeps, and welcome to my new follower :0)


Sorry for the sporadic blog posts in the last couple of weeks, my elbow continues to be dodgy so I've not been able to do much crafting apart from doing my DT cards.

Since I don't have anything new to show you yet, I've had a trawl through my computer for cards that I never got around to blogging. This one is relatively recent and was made in the February session of our card club. The lovely Heather was our hostess and she brought along lots of owl toppers for us to play with, including some fabulous foiled owl wrapping paper.

I cut one of the wrapping paper owls out and layered him up on a 6x6 card with 'New Leaf' papers from Trimcraft/First Edition and some foliage cut with the dies I got from China via Ebay (link here).

The sentiment was stamped in black using a clear Woodware stamp and I drew the speech bubble in by hand before cutting it out.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:-
Crafty Friends Challenge #55 Animals or birds

I'll be back at the weekend with a card I made for Leonie, so I hope you can join me then,
Katrina x

2 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty a great idea and design great to see your cards again Love and hugs Carole x

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Kat… Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your Owl card is lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘Animals/Birds’ challenge theme… hope you can join us next time and good luck in the draw.
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]