Tuesday 18 July 2017

Dinosaur Hanging on Throwback Tuesday

Hello lovely peeps


This week's unblogged make is a hanging that I made for Leonie Pujol's TV shows featuring her mixed media dies.

When I was looking at all the little triangles in Leonie's Mosaic set they brought to mind the spines on the back of a stegosaurus, so I thought I'd have a go at making a little dinosaur.  After looking at some 'how to draw' sites for children I sketched a dinosaur body onto white card and then scanned it in to my computer so I could resize it.  [If you would like a copy of this for your personal use please see my new Freebies page]

I printed it onto some watercolour card that I had coloured with Brusho crystals and then cut it out.


To decorate his body I inked up one of the stamps from the Gimme Texture set with Vintage Photo distress ink and stamped along the neck, back and tail.


For the spines I coloured some Sheena stamping card with distress inks and splatted on some water


then used several of the small triangles from the Mosaic set to die-cut the spines. These were then glued onto the back of my dinosaur cut-out.


For the background I painted some Kraft card with Titanium White acrylic and sponged on Forest Green paint at the bottom. This was then run through an 8"x8" Pebbles Embossing Folder


I sanded it back a little and smudged some Pebeo Empire Gold Gilding Wax around the edges before glueing it to a chipboard rectangle - this was a page from a Papermania Bare Basics Chipboard Album which I put new holes in so it would hang the other way.


For the wording I brayered distress inks onto some Clarity coated card, then cut it into strips


and stamped each part of the vertical sentiment from the Hey There Dreamer set, adding doodled lines around the edges of each strip.


For finishing touches I made a little red sun and a leaf for him to chew on using the Floral Bursts dies



Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

2 comments:

Valerija said...

Absolutely beautiful Katarina, very special & wonderful.
Valerija xx

Fikreta said...

its wonderful!