Tuesday 4 July 2017

Introducing Throwback Tuesday with Whale of a time

Hello lovely peeps


I've got another unblogged card for you today, which was only posted in a group on Facebook last year. As I still have several old cards to show you I thought I'd make a regular thing of it and have

Throwback Tuesdays


 When I've eventually blogged all of my old cards I plan on using Throwback Tuesday to show you new cards that I make with old stamps. I've got dozens of old stamps in my stash, the majority of which are unused, so it will give me a good excuse to get them out and have a play.

So my first official 'Throwback Tuesday' card is a simple one. The papers, image and sentiment are all from the Starfish and Sandcastles VIP XXL Collection at Polkadoodles.

I printed the whale onto two different papers and cut one of them out to paper piece on top of the other. I coloured in the bottom of the whale with a dark grey Promarker.


The sentiment was cut with a circle die and layered on a slightly larger circle which I coloured with a red Promarker. For a bit of texture I added Fluffy Stuff where the water splashes are and heated it (it will still puff up if you leave it overnight to dry but I'm impatient, lol)


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:- 
Pink and Main Challenge #23 Red, white and blue
Angie's Digital Stamps #11 Anything Goes + twist: Red, White and/or Blue
Dragonfly Journeys #95 Red, White, Blue

Thanks for stopping by,
Katrina x

5 comments:

Sue said...

This is fabulous Katrina!!! your so clever huggles Sue xx

Jeannie said...

Hi Katrina! Such an adorable whale and the paper piecing is really fun. Love the puffy splashes too. Thanks so much for joining my Red, White, and Blue-tiful blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Unknown said...

Great card, love the paper piecing :)
Hugs, Kaz x

Fikreta said...

so sweet card!

Pam MacKay said...

Just as cute as it can be!! Thanks so much for joining our July Challenge! Pink and Main DT Member Pam